Hello and welcome!!!!
I have been reading a lot since I have been home all day for the past few weeks. Adult romance is always one genre that I really get drawn too and I have read quite a few in the past years that I have decided that some are worthy of you checking out. I decided to recommend adult romance books that I have ever read based on different tropes. As a fan-fiction writer, I live on tropes and there are some that I love so much more than the others. I watched a lot of videos and I asked a lot of bloggers what their best tropes are and which books fall in that category. So that this post don’t go for ages, I will try to recommend not more than 3 books per trope.
This is surely not an exhaustive list, so I will be glad if you can recommend me some books or even other tropes that I have no idea of. Without much ado, let’s get into it..
This has to be one of my best tropes, if done well, it can be really exciting and intense. But sometimes it might fall a bit flat and it is just plain creepy and I am screaming, arrest that child molester. For this post I will be recommending a few books that I feel are safely intense and smutty that fall in this category.
- Savior by Fiona Cole: This one I read recently and I absolutely loved. In a nutshell, it’s about this get Alexandra (19) who is really have a difficult life and decides to sell her virginity online, which is how she meets Erik (30 something) who has this secret organisation that saves women from being forced into sex slavery.
- Scandalous by L.J. Shen: You might be able to tell by now that I love Shen books and have binged a lot of her books, the sinner of saints series remains my favorite. So in this book we follow single dad Trent (33) who falls for his enemy’s daughter (18). This was just a ride, although I understand people who claim that the book is a bit creepy because he kept calling her a teen even do he wanted to have sex with her (hmm).
- All Grown Up by Vi Keeland: It’s very rare to find age gap books where the lady is older. Although, she might be older but I can’t really say that she is experienced. Valentina (37) after being divorced for a bit over a year decides to go online to find love but when the first date reveals a hot hunk that turns out to be the young boy next door to her family summer house, Ford (25). This is my best on this list, you need to check it out.
Enemies to Lovers
- Captive Prince by C.S. Pacat : This book is the first book in the captive prince series and I absolutely loved it. I am not blind to all the faults that this book comes with but I am saying that regardless I loved this book. It is ridiculously slow burn, the first book in the series didn’t have any romance in it but you can definitely fell the tension. Here we follow Damen who is a hero and a prince that is stripped of his titled and sent to be a slave to a prince of the enemy country. He is used maltreated, belittled, flogged and shamed. At one point, I knew I was a sick pervert for enjoying the book so much. Anyways he falls in love with his master prince Laurent and we follow their relationship through out the series. I read this book a few years ago and once in a while I think about it.
- Top Secret by Sabrina Bowen & Elle Kennedy : Kaeton’s girlfriend wants a threesome for her birthday, he trying to be the best boyfriend ever, decides to indulge her. So he goes online where he meets Luke (but he doesn’t know that it is Luke, because is a member of the same frat). They are both vying for the same position and they hate each other. But as they get to know each other better online, you can feel the sparks flying between them. I really like the banter between the two of them.
- Perfection by R.L. Mathewson: I think 2 years ago, I binged the whole 10 books in the series and I really loved the fast paced stories and the quick witted writing style. This is the 2nd book in the Neighbor from hell series. As the tile of the series suggest, Trevor and Zoe are neighbor that just can’t stand each other but when Trevor realizes that Zoe’s frumpy behind is the only thing on his mind, he decides to take a chance with her.
Famous and Normal
- Until it Fades by K.A. Tucker: This is one I read recently and absolutely loved. Catherine is a struggle single mother who saves a hockey legend from a burning car. This is one of the best adult romances I have read in a while
- Dark Lover by J.R. Ward: I added this one because it is about the king of vampires and the daughter of his friend. I couldn’t help but add this book, I know its a bit different from the other books that usually fall in this category but my justification is that Wrath is the popular only pure breed left in the vampire world.
- Lick by Kylie Scott: She a college student who finds herself married to a rock legend in Vegas. This one is so sweet and fast paced, it’s just pure sex.
This trope usually implement elements from other tropes and sometimes I read these books by accident. I don’t always know how to feel about the books but I will let you decide on your own. This trope usually is a fuse of forbidden/ abusive romance
- The Initiation by Nikki Sloane: I read this a few days ago and I am still not over how strange and forbidden the whole book is. It is the first book in a series and we follow Marist who basically sold herself into marriage in order to protect her bankrupt family. She is to marry into the Hale family but she has to go through the initiation and be accepted by the board of directors. Gosh, I can’t believe I am about to say this but *they all had to lick her*. Honestly just read it and you will understand.
- After by Anna Todd: Okay, hear me out. When she was uploading this book on Watt-pad, I really loved it, at least for a watt-pad book. It was well written and a bit well thought out. Each book had about 100 chapters and it was so binge worthy. We follow Tessa who is a freshman in college, she meets Hardin and they get into this sort of abusive relationship. I don’t know how to describe this book without giving its whole plot away.
Teacher and Student
Books with this trope can really thread the line and I am usually biased when developing my opinion about these books but there are just some that are just so good. This trope is usually in conjunction with the age gap trope that I really love.
- Defy by L.J. Shen: Yes, another Shen recommendation. In this case the teacher is female. It’s rare to get to see female teachers in this trope. In this book we follow Melody and Jaime story from the Sinners of Saint series. This book is just so sweet.
- xo, Zach by Kendall Ryan: This starts with fake dating until they realize that she is his new student and he is her Master’s degree adviser. This book was just so much fun to read especially Zach’s relationship with Poppy’s son.
Bad Boy/ Good Girl
If you have any good recommendations for this trope, please let me know. I am also looking for books with the good boy, bad girl trope. I rarely see that. I am going to try not to add L.J. Shen books to this trope list because most of her books have this trope and she writes them really well. So check them out if you are interested.
- Bad Saint by Monica James: This book was so freaking long. It starts out with Willow being kidnapped on a ship while on her Honeymoon. Her Captor is Saint and he works for the person who is going to be buying her. As you can expect on their way to her Buyer, they develop some weird relationship. Classic case of Stockholm syndrome.
- ‘Til Death: Volume one by Bella Jewel: This is one that I read a long time ago that I can barely remember anything that happened in this book. I do remember that there was lies, betrayal and much more. Marcus and Katia got married but all she thought was a lie, he was using her just to get the inheritance his father left. The build up of this story is just amazing.
I hope you find a trope that you like. If you want me to make more recommendations for more tropes, then don’t forget to leave it in the comments.
Thanks for reading
2 thoughts on “Recommending Books for Every Trope || Adult Romance”
I haven’t really read any pure romance books .. i might read one of these tho , I’ll recommend you a book with some romantic chapters that sheds light on the character development.. e.g EAT PRAY LOVE . Less sex tho but more romantic dialogues. Thank you for a good blog , keep posting 🙌🏼
LikeLiked by 1 person
I will have to check it out