At the beginning of this year, I signed up for the goodreads reading challenge with the devotion of reading 200 books! I know overambitious, BUT with the rate I am reading, I might just finish the challenge before year end.
So today I will be telling you how I managed to read 51 books in January! Yes, I did say 51 books!!!
I generally read a lot of genres but this month seem to be the month of romance and fantasy because more than 95% of the books I read fall into one or both of these categories.
So therefore I read a lot of romance, who doesn’t like romance 😍😍😍(CHECK OUT MY ROMANCE AUTHOR RECOMMENDATION)
1. I made sure to read books that I knew I could finish in one day, that means reading books with pages less than 1000 (now this amount of pages is just based on how fast I read and my experience in the past, you might read faster or slower, just know your pace)
2. I made sure to read books by authors I trusted and whose books I have read and loved in the past such as Penelope Ward, Vi Keeland, Emma Chase, Sarah J. Maas, Taherah Mafi, Erin Watt
3. I read a lot of serial books such as Restore Me which the fourth book in the shatter me series, escaping from Houdini which is the third book in the stalking jack the ripper series, heir of fire which is the third book in the throne of glasses series (reason being that these were series that I actually enjoyed and was already invested in the world and characters)
4. I read a lot of romance books that were part of a series, such as the ROYALLY series by Emma Chase, the ROYALS COLLECTION by Louise Bay, Manhattan series by Katy Evans I loved the characters so much that I couldn’t imagine how fast I blew through the whole series in a
5. Have a reading buddy! There are a lot of groups on goodreads and this really helped me a lot (I read Always Never Yours by Emily Wibberley and Austin Siegmund-Broka and I really enjoyed it)
6. Read that book that your favorite Booktuber is always talking about! (so I am obsessed with clockwork reader on YouTube and I have been watching her videos for years and she is always talking about how good The Seven husbands of Evelyn Hugo is, so I picked it up and it is definitely the best book I read in January) just read that recommended book!
THANK YOU FOR READING!
What books did you read in January?
Let’s discuss them in the comment section!
I am always up for a buddy read
Please don’t forget to give me your thoughts (which would help me improve) and subscribe to my blog if you find it interesting 😍😍😍
If you want any of the books, comment your email and I will pick one person to send it to.